Farming For a Better Climate Newsletter - Winter 2020-21 (No.21)
Changing climate, changing food?
Farming for a Better Climate has had a mention in a series of podcasts titled “Changing Climate, Changing Food”.
Aimed at the general public with an interest in where their food comes from, the podcasts aim to highlight some of the challenges farmers face in producing good quality, low carbon food.
Episodes to date have included SRUCs Davy McCracken, Ruth Taylor from NFUS, Bryce Cunningham from Mossgiel Farm, SAC Beef Specialist and Farmer Robert Ramsay, Chef Neil Forbes from Edinburgh's Cafe St Honoré and Sascha Grierson of Grierson Organics. You can take a listen at Changing climate, changing food
Other articles in the Winter 2020-21 Newsletter include:
- What's been happening?
- What are other farmers doing?
- Improving resilience at Balcaskie Estate
- Maximising production from forage at East Fingask
- Planning planting - agroforestry
- The challenge ahead
- Updates from the Soil Regenerative Agriculture Group
- Trialling a stripper header
- Getting to grips with grain analysis
- Working with wheat varieties
- Costing out cover crops
- Farming for a Better Climate podcasts
- Beef; practical ideas to reduce emissions
- Assessing farm energy use
- Be part of the conversation
- Balancing the nitrogen books
- Sorting out slurry
- Top efficiency tips
- Dairying; learning from others
- Farming woodlands
- Protecting peatlands
- Five ways a carbon footprint could help your farm business
Download the Newsletter here to access all of the articles.